Our customer is seeking to build a new business for fiber enhanced plastics. This customer is using a market driven approach to develop new products by means of an iterative process of interviewing possible customers, producing sample material, doing customer trials and adjust development according to acquired knowledge. Currently a base portfolio and first production capacity has been established and numerous commercial trials in a diverse range of market segments ranging from furniture, appliances to automotive, are ongoing. We are looking to further accelerate the market entrance of the fiber enhanced plastic materials.
We have an open position for a product engineer in the Nanocellulose Competence Center. The main activity of this group is to develop an Innovative Technology for fibrillar Nanocellulose (CNF) and identify high value applications in close cooperation with internal and external stakeholders. The product engineer will be responsible for developing the structure, properties, functionalities toolbox to support market introduction. The development of fundamental understanding and analytical methods that lead to identifying the potential for application in markets as rheology modifiers, food and cosmetics, paper & board manufacturing and fibre-reinforced composites is in scope.
- Independent research to physical and chemical analytical tools and methods to understand pivotal characteristics of CNF.
- In-depth understanding of rheology and the potential value of CNF as a rheology modifier and/or stabilizer.
- Realise new methods to characterise CNF, often in close cooperation with top-universities, understanding the value of CNF in:
- Replacement of incumbent rheology modifier and anti-sagging agents in concrete and admixtures, cosmetics, and paint and coatings markets;
- CNF fibre reinforced composites with various matrices such as PP, ABS and PLA in scope;
- Development of bio-based substrates used for replacement of plastic packaging for environmental friendly cellulose based solutions. Development of barrier properties will be substantial part of the job;
- Replacing incumbent fibre-materials in additive manufacturing;
- Project management: coordination and execution of multidisciplinary projects targeted to secure timely realisation of deliverables agreed upon within budget;
- Coaching and guidance of laboratory technicians for project related work;
- Establish and maintain relations with universities, institutes and industrial partners;
- Multi-disciplinary team interactions, spanning from pilot plant to production members, fundamental process development scientists, application development engineers and business team.
- Academic degree, preferably in physics, chemical engineer, or materials science focussing on rheology
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Driven and output focussed
- Creative and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven track-record in related activities
- Expertise in project management (reporting, organisation, planning, budget control)
- Must preferably have the potential to grow to level for leading projects of high complexity
- High degree of engagement
- Professional command of English at least at the B1 level of the Common European Framework of reference for languages
- Effective communication skills and good sense for political savvy
Your personal development is our priority. At ENTER you will have the chance to develop yourself and to make your ambitions come true via a variety of projects at different customers.
Besides this we offer you:
- Courses and trainings to grow your career via our ENTER Professional Development Program, including a personal coach.
- Community and network with your technology professional colleagues
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and appealing companies ranging from start-ups to the industry leaders
- Intensive support and guidance for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
Moreover, you can count on excellent job conditions, adapted to your personal situation and work-life balance.
Would you like to know more about the vacancy? Please contact:
Ingrid van Gerwen: email@example.com
Are you interested in applying for the role of Product Engineer Rheology? Please use our application button.
By creating a profile and applying you agree to our privacy statement.