For our client, an international company in the Oil & Gas Industry, we are looking for a Patent Attorney. The Patent Attorney will be responsible for filing Patent applications and office action responses in both EP and UK Patents.
For our client, an international company in the Oil & Gas Industry, we are looking for a Patent Attorney. The Patent Attorney will be responsible for filing Patent applications and office action responses in both EP and UK Patents. The Attorney will work with other in-house Attorneys who prepared the first filings.
This role will provide an experienced practitioner who enjoys patent prosecution an excellent opportunity to practice their craft on a large patent portfolio consisting of a wide range of underlying technologies. The right candidate will appreciate the opportunity to leverage their skill set towards creating processes and best practices to manage this docket in a cost effective way, while engaging with their colleagues in a collegial corporate environment. The candidate should be detail oriented, flexible and experienced enough to self-direct within the scope of their role.
- Manage the patent portfolio (EP and UK), with an emphasis on developing cost-effective strategies;
- Corresponds with other in-house IP Attorneys to determine and formulate effective prosecution strategy on a case-by-case basis;
- Prepares and files, along with in-house paralegal staff, suitable responses to outstanding actions;
- Seeks opportunities for process improvements and cost savings with filing and prosecution procedures, and incorporates these into best practices;
- Strives to be considered the company expert on all matters relating to EP and UK patent prosecution;
- Provides counseling and explanation to fellow IP Attorney colleagues as to best practices for patent filing and prosecution in EP and UK;
- Coordinates the filing packages for filing of patent applications into the EP and UK patent offices via PCT or Paris convention routes (note: the role currently envisions no substantiveoil preparation of patent applications);
- Assigns work to outside counsel as necessary, with the overarching goal of minimizing overall EP and UK filing and prosecution costs;
- Provides support, coaching and guidance to paralegal teams, and where applicable, assists with their career development; and
- Participates in the Legal Department training and development initiatives and completes all assigned training.
- Law degree and related national professional legal qualifications (EP and UK licenses);
- Minimum 5+ years of patent prosecution experience before the EPO / UKIPO;
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the Netherlands;
- Experience working for a multinational company or representation of a multinational company preferred;
- Previous experience working in the Oil & Gas Industry preferred
- Competitive salary