Packaging Engineer Cold Chain
The Packaging Engineer Cold Chain reports to the Manager Packaging Engineering.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all packaging related to cold chain shipping;
- Participate in cross-functional teams to develop solutions that meet the company’s expanding business needs;
- Support the company’s internal and external customers by executing cold chain projects.
- Apply engineering and project management principles to develop and qualify cold chain packaging systems based on ASTM and ISTA Brochure 20 & 7D/7E Standards.
- Lead the development of cold chain systems, perform technical assessment and studies, and write technical / commercial reports, manuals, specifications, and SOPs.
- Evaluate cold chain requests and carry out communication with the company’s sales force, distributors and/or end users, including intake calls on site throughout Europe.
- Use the Cold Chain Packaging Lab to evaluate and optimize the company’s design and to compare the performance of the original packaging solution.
- Document packaging procedures, test specifications, and test results for technical and commercial purposes and present the outcome in an easy-to-understand way to end-users on site throughout Europe.
- Give significant contribution to new developments by creating ideas and testing new cold chain products and systems to determine the packaging characteristics.
- Educate the company’s sales force, distributor, and end-users of the cold chain capabilities of the company’s solutions by itself and by comparing it to existing solutions in the cold chain industry.
This is what you offer
- Bachelors degree (pref. Thermal packaging/Package Design) – 2 years’ experience
- Associate’s degree (pref. Thermal packaging/Package Design) – 5 years’ experience
- ISTA 7E Certified Thermal Professional Level 2
- Or ISTA 7E Certified Thermal Professional Level 1 and 2 years of ISTA 7E Package Design and testing experience
- Multifunctional team player
- Mentality to solve a problem
- Good presentation skills (able to train the sales team or customers)
- Pro-active and result driven
- Getting things done mentality / problem solving attitude
- Excellent communication skills at all levels (horizontal and vertical)
- Fluent in English and German language skills (other languages are a plus)
This is what we offer
We offer you a challenging role within an international environment in a professional and ambitious company. You’re going to be the specialist on your department for the whole organization, a very responsible role into the “knowledge-hub” of cold-chain packaging. The culture of the organization is informal, ambitious, dynamic and with a strong focus on customer service. Besides that, they offer great working conditions and employee benefits.