Do you want to start in a challenging role and do you want to be part team with an international scope? Do you want to work for one of the most well known real estate companies worldwide? Then keep reading.Functieomschrijving
We have an excellent opportunity available for an experienced Operational Risk Manager to make a difference at CBRE Global Investors. You’ll be working in a high performing environment, alongside peers always trying to reach the next level. You’ll be reporting to the Senior Director Risk Management & Corporate Finance. Get ready for a lot of exposure to internal senior stakeholders. Within CBRE, you will be challenged to develop yourself, to extend your knowledge and skills and to further improve and professionalize diverse processes in the company. Of course you have the right drive and ambition to bring the company to the next level and make a career within CBRE Global Investors.
- Second line of defense in risk management framework with a dotted line to risk management Globally.
- Presenter of risk management organization in client due diligence meetings (potential clients and existing clients);
- Being part of Global Risk Management organization and present EMEA in these bodies;
- Represent Risk Management in local regulated board of directors (SGR/Lux AIFM);
- Part of project teams that are involved in new (regulatory) developments to determine impact on operational processes and procedures of these changes.
- Coordination and performing on EMEA risk assessment and determine monitoring plan for EMEA purposes which would be recycled for local regulatory purposes;
- Being a driver of pro-active risk management approach;
- Perform monitoring activities on the branches of AIFM NL and AIFM Lux in combination with Lux risk management/compliance function.
- Maintain risk management internal control framework and infrastructure within EMEA taking into account service provider control frameworks;
- Integrate frameworks within organization (AO/IC and policies within EMEA/ISAE/operating (investment) manuals) including maintenance and updates in cooperation with other departments;
- Key driver of service provider due diligence including appropriateness of control reporting by these service providers – if any gaps implement mitigating controls and discuss gaps with service providers to ensure that these will be resolved.
Auditors and depositary counter party:
- As part of second line of defense ensure consistent information flows towards external audit (ISAE) / internal audit / depositary;
- Being catalyst between external audit (ISAE) / internal audit / depositary and organization (spin in web role) – including operating models to monitor the information flows between parties.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic candidate who possesses the following profile:
- A completed (post) masters degree RO/RE/RA;
- 8-10 years of relevant working experience, preferably in an international work environment;
- Fluent English and Dutch in written and spoken language;
- Audit and control framework experience (risk advisory) is a must;
- Experience in investment management and / or banking experience would be strong advantages;
- As a person you are pro-active, communicative and have a broad interest;
- Willingness to travel;
- Start date: asap, it is a permanent role;
- Salary upon negotiation, depending on your background and work experience.
CBRE Global Investors is one of the world’s largest real asset investment management firms with $104.2 billion in assets under management. The firm seeks to be the global leader in the real asset investment management industry by offering a broad and deep investment platform that consistently delivers world-class investment results and exceptional client service. Our firm’s focus on real estate and real assets, comprehensive capabilities and fiduciary commitment to our clients provide a distinct competitive advantage that enables us to offer clients valued solutions.
Through this platform, the firm sponsors real asset investment programs across the risk/return spectrum in the Americas, Europe and Asia for investors worldwide including public and private pension funds, insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds, foundations, endowments and private individuals. Programs include a complete range of investment solutions including equity and debt, direct and indirect, and listed and unlisted strategies delivered through separate accounts and commingled funds.
CBRE Global Investors is an independently operated affiliate of CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBRE), the world’s largest, full-service commercial real estate services firm (based on 2017 revenue), with more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliates) across approximately 450 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. This gives CBRE Global Investors a significant competitive edge, as the firm harnesses the research, market intelligence, investment sourcing, financing, leasing and property management of CBRE for the benefit of its investors.Locatie/Standplaats
Salary: €80.000 - €90.000 + bonus: <12%