As a Network Infrastructure Architect, you are a part of our Hardware Team based at our European HQ in Eindhoven. In this position, you ensure all colleagues within Shimano Europe are able to work and cooperate in an efficient and secure way, by ensuring availability and proper functioning of computer systems and infrastructure. You will work both on European as well as Global projects with the main focus to develop, design and implement a future proof network infrastructure.
Your main responsibilities are:
• Analyse the existing environment to ensure it is working as optimally as it should and that adequate security is being offered;
• Analyse business requirements to identify where new hardware should be integrated and connectivity solutions are needed;
• Recommendation of alternative technologies or improvements to enhance the environment to support organizational goals;
• Lead the design and review processes for new systems. Develop and document the proposed technical design for the integration and implementation of any new software, working closely together with your colleagues of the IT department;
• Create detailed plans for the integration of new system architecture into our existing infrastructure and provide technical direction and support on this.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
• Eager to find the best solution that suits Shimano
• Initiative: you take the initiative in order to solve problems and you introduce ideas or solutions;
• Planning and organizing: you are well organized and you are able to manage operational processes;
• Customer service orientation: you take specific additional actions to provide added value towards the customer;
• Teamwork and cooperation: together with your colleagues you work towards a common goal and you will focus on achieving results and the continuous improvement of services and processes.
• Well informed about current and future techniques within networks;
• Education on Bachelor level in the field of IT;
• Up to 4 years of experience in a similar function in an international environment;
• Excellent language skills in English both verbal and in writing;
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced international environment where you shift between changing priorities.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
Next to solid primary and secondary working conditions Shimano is offering:
- A challenging job within an international and dynamic environment;
- A highly motivated, social and dedicated team of professionals;
- Room for study & development;
- A salary based on your education and experience;
- A variable bonuses based on team and individual results;
- Flexible working hours.
Shimano is a leading worldwide supplier of highly advanced bicycle components, fishing tackle, and other sports equipment. Shimano Europe Holding B.V. is the intermediate between the head quarter in Japan and the European bicycle market for marketing, sales, product development and technical service. International teamwork is important at Shimano and this becomes visible in the different nationalities working together and sharing responsibility for the success of Shimano in Europe.
"To promote health and happiness through the enjoyment of nature and the world around us"
Shimano employees are dedicated, loyal and are experiencing Shimano as a good employer in a pleasant working environment. Our people have fun in their work, fit into the organizational culture and are especially proud to work for Shimano!