Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working for a Global Technology Leader?
At Aviat Networks, we take great pride in hiring a workforce that is committed to supporting and strengthening our values and attributes. If you’re a results-oriented, customer centric and innovative thinker who also takes pride in personal and professional integrity, Aviat Networks is the ideal next step in your career. We are looking for people who love to solve problems, enjoy change and know how to have fun so come and join a dynamic team that strives to bring communications to the world.
We are looking to recruit a Logistics Coordinator to be based in our office in Schiphol, The Netherlands.
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
As Logistics Coordinator you will be responsible for customs procedures and international transport regulations. You will control all stages of a products delivery cycle from the minute an item is “Picked for Shipment” until it arrives at the customers agreed point of delivery. The Logistics Coordinator will ensure “On Time delivery” matched to ensuring that logistics budgets are achieved. You will Coordinate activities within a team of 3 Logistics Staff. You should be proactive, organised and highly customer focussed position in an international environment, with communication at several levels.
- To ensure that all shipments to Europe, Middle East and Africa customers are managed professionally and are delivered intact and on time.
- To plan traffic movements in advance in order to maximise delivery but to optimise consolidated freight schedules to reduce costs.
- To maintain a dedicated interface between our internal and external customers which instils confidence in that the shipping data displayed on a sales order is accurate.
- To ensure a proactive approach is taken in dealing with any possible problems, which could arise from under performance on specific freight forwarder, and to ensure permanent corrective action is taken.
- Keep all lines of communication open, Phone, email.
- To ensure that revenue targets set against shipments are achieved.
- Where required, to attend regular conference calls with sales offices and corporate offices.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferably educated up to HNC / HND level or equivalent,
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Freight Forwarding or similar related position. At least 2 of these years in a supervisor or lead position.
- Excellent Motivator & Communicator, with the ability to communicate on all levels within an organisation.
- A team player, strong on Logic.
- A basic understanding of Telecommunication/Microwave theory and practices.
- Languages - Dutch & English
Candidates must have a background in a logistics function and must be self-motivated and possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Organisational and time management skills are needed to ensure that the requested tasks are completed by the specific deadlines. Knowledge of various quality issues affecting the manufacturing environment. Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills are needed. Basic computer knowledge for using Excel (Microsoft Office Suite) as well as knowledge of Oracle ERP Systems, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Accounting and MRP strongly desired. Employee must work safely at all times and maintain the confidentiality of all customer and company information.
We need your consent in order to process your application and the personal data contained in it.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that:
- You have read and understood Aviat Networks’ Candidate Privacy Notice, and
- You consent to the use of your personal data by Aviat Networks for the purpose of its recruitment activities. This means you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To do this you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp
APPLY NOW by sending your CV to email@example.comHelp