In this new role you act as a stand-alone in-house Legal Counsel / Compliance specialist by providing the company with practical and pragmatic advice.
For our client, a fast growing Dutch lender specialised in Buy-To-Let mortgages for properties within the Netherlands, we currently recruit a legal counsel with specific knowledge of WfT, AFM and compliance.
In this new role you act as the sole in-house Legal Counsel / Compliance specialist by providing the company with practical and pragmatic advice. You will be responsible for i.e.:
- AFM / WfT issues related to the business;
- General regulatory, legal and compliance matters;
- First point of contact for external advisors and authorities;
- Reviewing and execution of commercial agreements and other legal documentation.
Beside acting as the in-house legal / compliance specialist, you will take part of the day to day business. This includes the opportunity to develop in credit assessment and the possibility to join the credit committee.
- Dutch Master degree in Law, preferably in Banking or Financial Law;
- A minimum of 3 - 6 years experience as in-house legal counsel in financial services or as attorney within the Banking or Finance division of a leading law firm;
- Specialised in Wft, AFM and compliance issues;
- Flexible, self-starter, resilient, 'dare-to-ask' mentality;
- Fluently in Dutch and English.
- A new position with great responsibility within a fast growing company;
- An exciting environment with new challenges every day and plenty of room for personal input and development;
- A competitive salary.