BU Embedded provides software craftsmanship in product development. We apply our knowlege and experience in software engineering to develop high tech products and innovations. Our customers are product development companies that operate in high tech machine building, medical systems, consumer electronics, automotive, transport & handling systems, oil & gas, and maritime systems.
ENTER employs experienced software architects as well as junior software engineers. All of them with a passion for technology, innovation,and software engineering!. Our employees have a Bachelor, Master, or PhD degree and work in a variety of roles, such as as developer, tester, architect, scrum master, integrator, and build & configuration manager.
We are looking for talents in the field of software engineering. It is essential that our employees have passion for their profession and possess the right technical, process, social knowledge and skills. Do you recognize yourself in this profile? Then you’re possible our new colleague!
As Lead Engineer/ Architect Embedded Software you will be responsible for the design and development of software for world-class connected consumer products. Your responsibilities range from translating business requirements into software specifications, down to designing and developing highly optimized C/C++ and Assembly code for low-end Microcontrollers meant for Embedded Appliances. You will be working in a multidisciplinary team while actively engaging in activities with system architects, business teams and remote suppliers/partners in The Netherlands and internationally.
Note: location for this role is in Friesland/Groningen/Overijssel Area!
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Design and Implementation of the ﬁrmware of connected embedded appliances (great focus on low-level code optimization and OOP design);
- Translation of business requirements into software architectural speciﬁcations to be implemented (and tested) by the ﬁrmware team (using UML + textual description);
- Contribute to software architecture activities, which are presented and discussed in a multidisciplinary architects board (including electronics, back-end, connectivity, app and proposition architects).
- Support other teams (App, Backend, Test) with technical knowledge about Firmware.
- Release and maintain ﬁrmware for mass production (factory deployment) as well as over-the-air updates.
- Conﬁgure and maintain Build/CI servers for the multiple software projects.
- Software Tooling development for programming, testing and production support;
- Conduct team Planning Meetings and report the Project's status to stakeholders.
We are looking for a Lead Developer/ Architect Embedded Software with a passion for technology and who is not afraid to analyse complex problems and build innovative solutions.
What we expect from you:
Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in coding in C and C++ for Embedded Systems (std11/std14 is a plus)
- Being capable of translating business requirements into software specifications
- Experience in Unit /Integration Test Design and Development
- Experience with Agile Software Development Processes
- Good communication skills
- Hands on experience with Object Oriented Software Design (+ design patterns is a plus)
- Experience in ARM architecture and compiler toolchain
- Knowledge of wireless communication protocols (WiFi/Bluetooh/Zigbee)
- Experience in Code optimization techniques for embedded systems
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Microcontrollers, hardware bringup, bootloading, firmware, hardware/software integration, Computer Architecture, maintain and support legacy code
- Knowledge of C# & .NET Framwork is a plus
- Knowledge of ARM Assembly language and Compiler Theory is a plus
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environment is a plus
- Jenkins/Microsoft TFS configuration is a plus
- Basic knowledge of electronics is a plus
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: GNU Make, Microsoft Visual Studio, Cypress PSoC Creator, Cypress Wiced Studio, IAR Workbench, JLINK/STLink Hardware and tooling.
ENTER offers an inspiring international work environment in which you can develop yourself by doing challenging projects and following dedicated training courses.
Cune Peters +31 6 21 44 67 04
Is this your role? Please use our button to apply.
By creating a profile and applying you agree to our privacy statement.