As responsible of Labour Affairs, you will act as representative of the company during all negotiations with the employees, the workers representatives or any other worker's representative body about any working conditions, conflicts or any other social or legal issues related to the employees. you will provide advice to the company members and to its managers regarding any legal labour issue arising from the labour relationships of the aforesaid employees.
Our client is the biggest fashion retailer in the world and has 8 different brands which address different styles and concepts of fashion.
- You will be in charge of organizing the Works' Council and the Health and Safety Council meetings of the logistic and international employees. The employee shall attend those meetings (if necessary) on behalf of the company, draft the minutes from those meetings (in Dutch and in English), answer and prepare the employees' questions and analyse all employees' requests.
- You will liaise with the unions and any other workers' representatives in order to discuss all matters related to the logistic and international employees' working conditions (especially those referred to the salary, working hours or any other concern raised by them). The employee shall maintain a smooth communication with the managers of the logistic warehouse as well as with the international personnel.
- You will act as preferred interlocutor with the unions' representatives, the workers representatives and any other social body that may exist within the logistic or international employees.
- You will organise and carry out the necessary steps in order to maintain a fluent relationship with the aforesaid unions and the worker's representatives.
- You will be able to advice in all labour matters related to the construction of a logistics warehouse.
- You will be able to understand and implement the CAO Beroepsgoederenvervoer 2017-2019 in our facility which under construction at the moment. You will be able to answer all questions or doubts arising from the implementation of said CAO.
- You will assist and provide support in relation to day-to-day labour related issues concerning the employees and staff working in the warehouse.
- You will be qualified to appear in court and before any other administrative body in relation to any labour issues which may take place regarding the employees working in the logistic or international field of the company.
- You will be up to date concerning any and all legal modifications or amendments which somehow may affect any labour relationships within the company.
- You will report and implement said amendments and notifications, providing accurate information to the managers and the rest of the main staff of the company as deemed necessary, especially the HR and Payroll Department but also the relevant staff who works in the warehouse.
- You will draft and implement legal labour policies, especially those concerning the disciplinary code, sexual harassment at work, equal gender opportunities and/or any other which may be deemed necessary.
- You will be responsible for providing legal assessment regarding hiring and terminations within the company, focusing on the employees which render his services within the logistic field of the company and those who belong to the international structure.
- You will be able to address the disciplinary proceedings which may take place within the company concerning the aforesaid employees.
- You will be able to handle analogous situations as described above but referring to any other company's employees.
- negotiation abilities.
- fluent in English as well as in Dutch.
- able to provide pragmatic solutions and his/her vision shall be adjusted to the company's needs.
- able to work within a team and adjust himself/herself to different contexts and situations.
- be discreet and always act on a diplomatic way.
- able to work under pressure and he/she must be able to handle stressful situations.
- abillity to identify the different priorities of the company and its employees and act accordingly.
- law degree as well as some specialization in social and labour law.
- any specialization related to the field of Human Resources shall be positively considered.
- any specialization in logistics shall be deemed as highly positive.
At least 5 years of experience in similar positions.
Our client offers a full time permanent employment contract with a very competitive salary among other additional benefits which will be agreed considering the needs of the specific employee.