You will be assisting the General Counsel in all legal matters and projects. You will support your colleagues from different departments with legal advise. Together with the Northern Europe team you'll also play a role in further developing the young organization.
Our client was part of a well known international chain. The young organization's core business is asset management and responsible for the Northern Europe region. The legal counsel is based in Amsterdam but will visit the Brussels office 1-2 times a week.
Your main missions are:
- Assisting with providing general legal advice to the Management team, the head office including the full remit of general commercial contracts;
- Perform company secretary duties for the legal entities in the Benelux and manage the legal information and communication tools;
- Take the responsibility for insurance administration and communication.
- Support the negotiation of real estate purchase, agreements for lease and construction agreements;
- Assist and support the negotiation of Technical Assistance Contracts
Disposal & Restructuring
- Support Real estate transactions, including supporting the drafting and negotiating asset purchase/sale agreements, lease restructurings and renewals;
Support Corporate transactions, including supporting the drafting and negotiating share purchase/sale agreements and assisting/reviewing legal, corporate and tax due diligence.
Support with the roll-out of the compliance program;
Support with follow up of litigation and corporate legal issues;
Review of contracts signed when relevant;
Support other members of the legal department when providing or arranging training to the asset management team and others on key legal documents (e.g. leases, management agreements) and on relevant legal issues.
It is important that you are able to prioritize and cope with time sensitive matters all at the same time. To you it is a sport to explore the unexplored, to question and propose, all with a can-do spirit. Being communicatively strong, it's easy for you to switch between hierarchical levels, strategical, tactical and operational issues, cultures and languages. You are, so to say, the centipede we are looking for. Furthermore, you meet the following requirements:
- Law degree in Dutch or Belgian law;
- One to three years of post-qualified experience in legal positions;
- Fluent in Dutch and English and strong knowledge of the French language is preferred;
- Knowledge of corporate and commercial law and understanding in property law;
- Strategic thinking and problem solving capabilities;
- The ability to digest and translate complex documents into a format suitable for key stakeholders in order to make decisions;
- Business acumen and understanding of strategic vision;
- Experience in the leisure, retail or property industry would be useful.
- Challenging role
- Great opportunities for personal development
- Competitive salary
- Laptop & smart phone
- Collective discounts on health and life insurances and other benefits