Penske Logistics engineers supply chain solutions that deliver business results for leading multinational companies. Penske has headquarters and offices in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Penske delivers value through design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, and international freight forwarding and carrier management.
Penske serves customers in a variety of industries including: industrial manufacturing; automotive; healthcare and pharmaceuticals; chemical and packaging. Penske is an award-winning logistics organization known for its expertise, thought leadership and world-class performance in helping leading companies optimize their supply chains.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing which is a joint venture of Penske Corporation, Mitsui & Co Ltd., and Penske Automotive Group. Penske Logistics, the leading US logistics provider, is growing in Europe. To support this growth, we are looking for a new enthusiastic colleague:
ICT Network Consultant LAN/WAN
who understands and demonstrates the importance of customers to the organization’s success
M / F, fulltime, Roosendaal, The Netherlands
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
A Network Consultant’s main responsibility is to provide advice and day-to-day support of the Company’s wide area and local area networks. They support, monitor and maintain network hardware and WAN connectivity to ensure maximum operability. The Network Consultant LAN/WAN is responsible to install and maintain Penske locations networks. They manage and administrate the Company’s DNS and Cisco devices to ensure proper connectivity. The incumbent monitors network stability and performance; bring non-performing sites to the attention of Manager. They participate in DR testing and maintain detailed documentation of the primary and redundant network infrastructure. They are responsible for the creation of project plans, timelines, milestones, goals and ownership. Depending on team’s work load the consultant is expected to maintain other areas such as server environments. The position requires the ability to participate in after hours tasks such as on-call responsibilities and organizational outage windows
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Advisory and consultancy services around company LAN/WAN en Wireless networks, incl. maintenance and connectivity.
- Responsible for Proxy server, VPN server, DMZ and firewall
- Support in establishing IT related changes on site
- Handle each customer with exceptional customer service.
- Small/Medium Projects management
- Co-responsible for 1st & 2nd line support on site (Europe) and monitors if appropriate actions are taken.
- Participate in managing Microsoft Servers, Remote desktop Servers,Vmware Vsphere, Dell/EMC SAN, Virtual Desktops/Servers depending on team workload
- Administration of IT accounts (IDM, Active Directory,F5 VPN,Airwatch and other Penske Applications)
- Participate in the 24x7 standby IT support pool
- A completed general vocational MBO/HBO – Information technology or comparable
- CCNA certification preferred or equivalent experience.
- Must display advanced troubleshooting- and issue resolution skills along with strong decision-making skills.
- Is trained in Professional Communication and Team Building.
- Is customer focused and proactive
- Microsoft and/or Vmware experience desirable.
- Experience (2-3 years) and full fluency in the following hardware/software:
- Cisco tools (routers, switches, wireless access points, and Wireless controllers)
- Site-to-Site VPN implementations via tunneling and
- DNS/DHCP/IP/AAA Addressing schemes.
- Bandwidth / Circuit monitoring tools.
What can we offer you?
Penske Logistics offers you an exciting opportunity to work for a worldwide leader in logistics. Penske Logistics also offers you a challenging job within a dynamic company, a competitive benefits package and a range of opportunities for career development in Europe.
Are you interested in this position and do you fit the vacancy profile? Please send your short application letter and CV to Arlette Sprangers: firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp
A pre-employment security screening is a standard aspect of our selection procedure.