We are recruiting an experienced Health & Safety Manager for our client, Hazera in Made (Oosterhout region).
Hazera is a global leader in the seed industry. Our client brings expertise, commitment and support, combining decades of experience with state-of-the-art technology. Hazera breeds, develops, produces and markets varieties and seeds in a wide range of vegetable crops around the world. Hazera's headquarters are situated in Israel and in The Netherlands, with subsidiaries in twelve countries and an extensive distribution network providing services in over 100 additional markets. In The Netherlands, Hazera is located in Made (headquarter), Rilland and Tuitjenhorn (research and development) and has around 250 employees.
It is the responsibility of the Safety Officer, to implement and drive forward the company's Safety strategy in accordance with the highest ethical guidelines and corporate policies.
* Ensuring compliance with all required legislation, practices and relevant standards;
* Implement and monitor compliance of company policies on safety and health;
* Helping to establish and put in place key Health and Safety processes and methods;
* Managing the safety workload & prioritizing it according to risk/importance;
* Promoting a culture of safety on all sites;
* Delivering front line safety related education & training to various members of staff;
* Performing root cause analysis for work related incident and accident investigations;
* Monitoring and assessing the work of third party contractors hired by the company;
* Educating new employees on the company's emergency evacuation procedures;
* Making sure that work stations & seating are suitable for the individuals using them;
* Arranging and leading Safety committee meetings and follow up on actions;
* Identifying risks and trends and taking appropriate action to minimize, mitigate or eliminate them.
* Education: Minimum MVK, HVK is a pre;
* Knowledge and experience of Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Roles and guide lines;
* The focus within QHSE will be on Health and Safety.
* Knowledge in ISO 18001 (future ISO 45001), ISO 9001 and ISO 14001;
* Minimum of 2-3 years working experience as a Health & Safety Manager in a manufacturing and production environment;
* Working independently and comfortable with working with or in a team;
* Well organized, methodical and able to communicate with colleagues on various levels in the organisation;
* Hands-on, flexible with effective communication and reporting skills;
* Training Skills and the capacity to develop a training portfolio for the organisation.
* Willingness to visit trade fairs and congresses;
* Fluent in the Dutch and English, both spoken and in writing.
Excellent primary and secundary package.