For the client's new HR Shared Service Center, we're looking for an HR Operations Specialist EMEA! In this role, you'll be the go-to person for all operational HR-matters. Your scope contains the UK and Ireland. Based in Amsterdam's SSC, you'll service your colleagues from the UK and Ireland, from HR administration, questions with regards to laws and legislations, and for questions with regards to Workday.
The client is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
- The HR Operations Specialist is the first point of contact for Managers and Employees for HR policies, HR life cycle processes and system questions or issues.
- He/she is responsible for answering and handling inbound calls and emails from internal customers, greet them and answer questions and concerns on HR related issues, as well as redirect question to other, appropriate HR resources such as L&D, TA and C&B.
- Provide accurate, consistent and timely responses via telephone, email, skype and other means available.
- Ensure that every question or issue is entered as a case in the case mgmt system & maintains customer contact until the case has been resolved and is transferred to another relevant party for resolution such as L&D, TA and C&B, Global Mobility, Stock Administration.
- Performs basic administration processing, data input and verification of required documentation on the designated HR employee life cycle activity such as: new hires, terminations, transfer, promotions, salary changes, transfers, personal data changes, position management, job title changes, supervisor changes, department changes. This includes the production of employment contracts, termination letters, transfer letters, salary change notifications, relocation documentation (together with Global mobility), stock option letters, employment testimonials, onboarding, off boarding.
- Any above related local HR documentation is generated in the MyHR SSC but emailed to the local HR department for quality control and for hand over to the appropriate line manager or employee. No documentation, generated by the MyHR SSC, is sent directly to the employee. Local HR always stays in between for reasons of (quality) control.
- Triggering local mgmt process - pertaining to the HR life activity at hand - by monitoring shortlist of activities to be done by local line mgr and HR SSC. Keeping track of completion of shortlist.
- Informs local payrolls in Emea on HR related changes that need to be processed locally.
- Maintains employee personnel files - either hardcopy or electronic files - and handles requests for employee file information.
- Responds to and troubleshoots employee and manager-related transactions and issues: workforce transactions and data corrections or changes.
- Auditing or monitoring workflow related to HR transactions.
- Directs employees and managers to the appropriate online support materials, tools systems, and/or vendors, if applicable.
- Escalate/elevate complex cases to other functions such as the Payroll Specialists, Benefits Administrator, Recruiter, Compensation analyst, HRBP, etc, with deeper subject matter expertise, when additional research or interpretation is required.
- Handles inquiries during deployment of new system functionality.
- Provides guidance and training on HR processes, work flow and relevant systems
- Updates and maintains knowledge base FAQ's solutions and trouble shooting guides.
- Identify trends in customer issues and make recommendations for process improvement opportunities
- Provide "Knock-Your-socks-off"service to the organization !
- At least 5 years of operational experience in a HR department (UK experience preferable).
- At least 2 years of experience as an HR Operations Specialist in an HR Shared Services Environment.
- Strong service and customer orientation.
- Strong in relation management and focus on solving the internal customer problems.
- Native or near native level of English language.
- Good communication skills, both written as well as spoken.
- Administrative orientation, accuracy.
- Team player, being able to function in a multi-national team.
- Being able to travel in Europe and to the US for training purposes.
"It's the people." That's the answer you'll hear most often when you ask our employees why they love working here. Our team wins with talented people who move faster, act quicker, and are empowered to do more. We push each other to be better, tackling challenges together and finding new and better ways of doing things. We empower our people to create their own success.
The salary for this role is conform the market.