EMEA High Performance Computing Deployment Engineer
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within High Performance Computing (HPC), we are looking for an EMEA High Performance Computing Deployment Engineer to join our team in Amsterdam.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Do you have a high performance computing (HPC) background and want to have a global impact? As an HPC Delivery Engineer at Dell EMC, you will deliver HPC, Big Data, and Cloud implementation services for Dell EMC’s leading Global Services group. In addition, you will also provide technical implementation planning to facilitate integration of the purchased solution into a Customer’s environment.
When not at a customer site, you will work from Dell office participating and contributing to best practices, IP development, and/or other related HPC and Openstack related initiatives. The position requires up to 50% travel to customer sites in EMEA countries.
- Lead the integration of hardware and software for HPC, big data, and cloud solutions.
- Provide leadership to supervise junior technicians at customer locations to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance with deployment procedures and installation guides.
- Interface directly with customer site contacts, Dell EMC project managers, and other key stakeholders.
- Identify potential risk/resolution approaches for targeted HPC, big data, and cloud deployments, Identify corrective actions to drive resolutions for systemic issues, Identify corrective actions to drive resolutions for systemic issues
- Provide pre-sales scoping assistance and SOW reviews as needed
- Escalate break/fix troubleshooting and issue resolution, provide solution integration planning as needed
- Contribute to improving delivery quality and optimization through best practices and IP development
- Undergraduate degree and 6+ years, or Graduate Degree and 4+ years of relevant experience to include Linux expertise such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS, Scientific Linux, and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES)
- Experience with schedulers including SLURM, PBS Pro, Moab, and Torque/Maui
- Networking expertise including Dell Networking N and S series (PowerConnect, Force 10) and Cisco
- InfiniBand expertise including Mellanox and Intel OmniPath
- Experience with cluster management software including Bright Cluster Manager (BCM), OpenHPC, and xCAT
- Familiarity with Big Data and Cloud platforms including OpenStack
- Storage experience including PowerVault MD Series, Isilon, DDN, Spectrum Scale (formerly GPFS), and Lustre
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Certifications such as RHCE/RHCSA, CCNA, CCNP, and Network+ certifications
- German and/or French speaking
- Experience in the definition of architecture solutions for HPC deployment
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
- Referral bonus
- Flexibel rooster
- Arts / verpleegkundige ter plaatse
- Vaderschap betaald verlof
- Product korting
- Betaalde vakantie
- Performance bonus
- Pensioen / Pensioenplan