Are you a Furnace Engineerand looking for a new challenge?
Do you have a couple of years of experience in the glass furnace industry and ready for the next step in your career?
We are looking for you!
Your most important tasks:
- Provides routine technical support to PQ’s sodium silicate furnaces. This includes audits of plant performance, operator training and recommendations to improve operations.
- Develop design and cost estimates for furnace rebuild projects. Thorough knowledge of refractories used in the glass industry.
- Develop bid packages for furnace rebuild projects.
- Manage construction and refractory installation for furnace rebuilds.
- Define and disseminate the operating conditions for PQ’s furnaces to assure minimum operating cost over the furnace life.
- Assist with furnace hot repairs as required.
- Assist plant operations with evaluating improvement technologies in the areas of batching, oxygen boost, electric boost, NOx reduction, etc.
• A more than fair salary;
• A private collective agreement with good conditions such as over 35 days of leave;
• Corporate fitness and various other possibilities in the field of vitality;
• Opportunities for development and training / courses;
• Unprecedented good working atmosphere within an (international) team.
• Travel allowance, pension scheme and collective health insurance.
• A job in a company with a rich history that is growing rapidly.
- Bachelor/Master in (Chemical)Engineering with experience in glass furnace industry.
- Working knowledge of burner design and adjustment.
- Working knowledge of glass chemistry and glass batch handling and delivery.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills to interface with operators, plant staff and corporate management.
- Ability to motivate individuals who do not directly report to this position to accomplish task and improve operations.
- Ability to work with operators in the field to improve furnace operations and implement process improvements and repairs.
- This position will require travel in excess of 50%.
- You must be self-directed.
- You will work at multiple sites in Germany, Netherlands, France and England.
- You are fluent in English, and at least one other language (Dutch, German of French)
PQ Corporation is a global manufacturer of inorganic chemicals with more than 70 production locations in 20 countries and 5 continents. With its products PQ serves a wide variety of industries, such as detergents, personal care, chemicals, pulp and paper and oil processing. PQ Corporation employs 2,500 people worldwide and has its headquarters in Malvern, USA.
Information about the position can be obtained from Peter Schouren, 003143-4099447.
Further information about the PQ organization can be found on www.pq.com
You can send your application letter with curriculum vitae via email to: vacaturesNL@pqcorp.comHelp