For my client, I am looking for a (senior) scientist to lead the epitope mapping team that runs the commercial epitope mapping platform service. In this position, your main responsibility is to lead the epitope mapping team.
My client is a biotech company with two decades of expert experience in its proprietary CLIPS technology and in providing peptides and peptide services to pharmaceutical and biotech companies as well as universities.
For this role, experience with and a scientific background in protein-protein interaction / protein design and high throughput microarray-screening are desired. An important part of the work involves antibody-antigen binding studies as well as epitope mapping experiments. Additionally, it includes the design and data analysis of large complex structured peptide libraries. The position also requires deep knowledge of protein structure and skills in bioinformatics. You will analyze the binding activity of peptides to a given antibody and translate the results into the location of the complex epitope on the native protein structure.
As the service of epitope mapping is a commercial service that is offered to external clients, a business-driven and customer-oriented working attitude is an advantage. For this position, therefore, strong communicative and interpersonal skills are highly important.
Core tasks and responsibilities of the Epitope Mapping Director are:
- leading a small team of technicians and researchers;
- initiating, managing and supervising epitope mapping projects;
- conducting research and running experiments in the field of epitope mapping;
- designing and analyzing data for peptide libraries;
- engaging with clients and providing additional information on the company's cutting-edge research.
- a PhD degree in a relevant discipline, e.g.: bio-chemistry, structural biology, bioinformatics or equivalent;
- ideally 1-3 years of post-doctoral experience;
- basic knowledge in the field of immunology and vaccinology;
- knowledge of protein structure;
- familiar with bioinformatics;
- a proven track record in data-analysis and evidence of productive, independent contributions in science, preferably demonstrated by a strong publication record;
- experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical company is a pre;
- able to manage and run research projects independently;
- the ability to present the company on meetings and conferences;
- excellent interpersonal and communicative skills;
- a team player with strong analytical skills and a proactive attitude.
Excellent salary and secondary benefits