The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. In a world that is increasingly fast-moving, unpredictable and full of opportunities, they come to us with big ambitions: to make life better and to keep you safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our employees design and deliver extraordinary high-tech solutions. With 68.000 talents working in 54 countries, 2000 employees are based in the Netherlands. We are one of the biggest high-tech employers in the field of safety and security.
We help our customers think smarter and act faster in the fields of transportation, defence, space, aerospace and cyberspace, mastering ever-greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way. We are therefore leading the digital transformation, focusing on artificial intelligence, big-data & data analytics, connectivity, mobility and internet of things and cybersecurity.
In the Netherlands, we are located in four cities: Huizen, Delft, Eindhoven and Hengelo (HQ). Together with an extensive ecosystem of knowledge partners, customers and suppliers, we work on radars for naval vessels, cyber security solutions, transportation systems, communication equipment for land forces, cryogenic cooling solutions, research & development for radar tech (in collaboration with TU Delft) and research & development for serious gaming (in collaboration with the University of Twente).
About the team
The development of modern phased array radars requires a multi-disciplinary approach in which the functional concept, the antenna, the electronics, and the electrical and cooling infrastructure are addressed simultaneously. In this multi-disciplinary team, the working area consists the development of new antenna and/or microwave concepts, introduction of new technologies and development of new Radar front-end designs. For our HW development engineering team, we are searching for a
Digital Electronics Design Engineer
About the job
You are responsible for the design, verification and validation of electronic functions implemented in high-end digital and analog (LF) circuits realized on high-speed PCBs. You will work in close cooperation with other disciplines (i.e. system architects and RF/power/FPGA/SW/PCB engineers), often in an international environment.
Your work will cover the full spectrum of activities, from development to product realization. Capturing the functional requirements and verification strategy, design decomposition, defining the optimal HW architecture, detailed design with verification through analysis/simulation (signal/power integrity, timing), PCB design and product realization and finally verification through test and validation.
- You have a Master or Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering;
- You are creative, enterprising and problem solving;
- You are an enthusiastic and persistent personality with good communication skills;
- You are independent but not individual;
- You are fluent in English.
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
Would you like to apply directly? Then click on the button ‘online solliciteren’ to show your interest.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!.