Careers that Change Lives
To support our Diabetes Customer Care Service we are currently looking for a full-time customer focused and accurate Product Specialist Diabetes to work cross business.
A Day in the Life
- Represents company to external and internal customers, answers product-related questions, traces lost shipments, interprets and clarifies customer orders for the shipping department, takes orders over the phone when necessary.
- May manage web-based ordering, confers with management regarding customer credits, returns goods for credit, identifies quality assurance complaints, and writes price differentials on mail orders.
- May approve allocation of stock in short supply, special price quotations and bids, pricing allowances, deductions and adjustments.
- May manage inventories at customer facilities using EDI (electronic data interchange), forecasting, replenishment and inventory systems, focusing on stock and allocation issues to maximize service levels.
• MBO+ degree (Completion of secondary school)
• Strong oral and written language skills in English and near-native in Dutch, German and/or French
• At least 1 year of customer service or support experience in a contact center, office or helpdesk environment or relevant work experience
• Effective multi-tasking (navigating between programs to access customer data and input text during call)
• Computer literacy (MS-Office)
• Strong sense of responsibility and stress resistance
Nice to Haves
• Experience using: SAP and MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Experience troubleshooting medical equipment/services in contact center/helpdesk
• Keyboarding 40 WPM average
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Founded in 1949 as a medical repair company, we're now among the world's largest medical technology, services and solutions companies, employing more than 89,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in over 155 countries. With our European Operations Center for Distribution and Shared Services in Heerlen, the Bakken Research Center in Maastricht, our manufacturing facility in Kerkrade, and the Dutch sales office in Eindhoven, Medtronic Netherlands has more than 1,750 employees.
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.