Varied Business Analysis position in a team supporting executive management in the strategy and direction of the business. This is a newly formed team working across all areas of the business, as well as externally.
We are Office Depot. We provide business supplies and services to help our customers work better - whatever their workplace. We are a single source for everything customers need to be more productive, including the latest technology, core office supplies, print and document services, business services, facilities products, furniture, and school essentials.
Within Europe, Office Depot operates in thirteen countries through its two main brands Office Depot and Viking, with retail stores in France and Sweden.
Office Depot acts as a trusted and reliable partner to help organisations: work more productively, improve process efficiency, reduce supplier costs and increase sustainability.
As the Corporate Business Analyst you will join the newly formed Corporate Strategy Office team, supporting senior management to achieve business goals and to align their vision and strategy. You will be a generalist Business Analyst with a sharp analytical mind, able to work across all departments of the business to understand performance, make recommendations and set up new projects. You will take part in the following types of activities;
- In-depth analysis of data, reports and processes
- Data mine for correlations, trends, outliers and use information to make predictions
- Reporting on insights and interpretations based on findings
- Design and initiate projects or deliver smaller projects
- Provide advice and recommendations to management and present findings to contribute to decision making
- Work across various business departments - marketing, procurement, supply chain etc.
To fulfil this Corporate Business Analyst position, you should have the following skills and experiences;
- HBO qualification or level of thinking and proven experience in a similar business analysis position
- Analytical with good numerical skills - affinity with data
- Excellent skills with MS Excel, SQL and Tableau
- Adaptable, proactive and good at problem solving with strong communication skills
- Detail oriented, but able to see the 'bigger picture' and think tactically
- Business process management
- Fluent in English - spoken and written
You will work in a collaborative, strategic team utilising your business acumen and being close to the decision making. You will have real opportunities to develop your career and continue learning. This is a newly formed team so things will be challenging and ambiguous at times, but you will play a key role in shaping things up. In return for your efforts, you will be paid a competitive salary, including a bonus structure.