For our client we are recruiting a Commercial Counsel to support legal issues affecting the Continental European operations, with a focus on drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex client contracts in civil law jurisdictions with a focus on The Netherlands. You will be part of a Continental European legal team.
For our client we recruit a Commercial Counsel to support legal issues affecting the Continental European operations, with a focus on drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex client contracts in civil law jurisdictions with a focus on The Netherlands. You will be part of a Continental European legal team.
- Providing support on technology and outsourcing agreements, as well as other issues that arise on a daily basis;
- The legal review and negotiation of commercial agreements with clients in a broad range of industries;
- Working on all phases of deals, ranging from the proposal/bid review stages, right through to final negotiation and post signature issues;
- Having frequent contact with internal business teams including management and quickly gain an understanding of the business;
- You will collaborate with a local (outside) counsel as required on issues of local law.
Profiel van kandidaat
- Three to six years of experience as a lawyer or inhouse counsel;
- In depth knowledge of contract law in civil law jurisdictions is a must;
- Experience in private practice in an international law firm or as an in-house counsel are a plus;
- Ability to balance legal risks with commercial needs;
- Experience with information technology, licensing and/or outsourcing agreements is a plus;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing (negotiation level);
- Further language skills are a plus, but not required (German, French, Spanish or one of the Scandinavian languages);
- Able to multitask with rapidly changing priorities and to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment;
- Team player, but able to work independently, flexible and strong and self-assured personality, excellent analytical problem solving and project management skills, service provider and commercial "client first" mentality;
- Experience to operate within an international environment with a diversity of cultures;
- Willingness to travel occasionally within Europe.
- A new position with great responsibility within an international company;
- An exciting environment with new challenges every day and plenty of room for personal input and development;
- A competitive salary.