Alcochem Minerals plays a central role in logistics between multinationals in the detergent and glass industry on one hand, and suppliers of raw materials on the other. We maintain long-term and stable relationships with our partners. Nonetheless, it is a daily challenge to match supply and demand in a timely and efficient manner, at the right price and and with the right quality. We are active around the globe. Coordination takes place from our offices in the Netherlands, Russia and China.
As Manager, you constantly share your knowledge and experience in logistics in a trade environment. You are present on the work floor to guarantee an optimal performance together with your team. You optimize internal processes and you are responsible for implementation of the Alcochem Minerals strategy.
Until now, Alcochem Minerals has been managed by the director/owner. Due to the growth of the organization, his job responsibilities have now been shifted to a strategic level. Where our development will continue in the years to come, we need your commitment, enabling is to realize that.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Evidently, we offer you an attractive package of primary and secondary employment benefits. In addition, you can expect from us:
- An informal working atmosphere: We do not have a strict hierarchy and your team is strong and self-supporting.
- An international working environment: Both our offices and our partners are located on different continents. Your team members are of different nationalities and you will travel about 10% of your time.
- Collaboration: In the field of logistics, you work together with other divisions of Alcochem. You will be also supported by the general staff which works for all divisions.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Experience: You have at least 10 years of working experience, preferably within multiple disciplines, but at least in logistics/supply chain management and general management.
- Education: Ability to work and think at least on HBO-level.
- Skills: In supporting your team, you are a coach who dares to intervene and take decisions when necessary. You are a good listener. You are a global thinker and are able to process information quickly. You are fluent in English and, preferably, able to understand and speak in Dutch.
- Qualities: You have a stable personality. Your decisiveness, analytical abilities and careful approach help you to achieve the best results. You are a soberly person and do not leave work if there are unresolved issues. To enable be able to do your work well, you have broad cultural, political and social interests and you are curious by nature.
- Location: You live within a 50 km radius of Nijkerk, or you are willing to relocate.
HOW YOUR JOB LOOKS LIKE:
Your day starts around 7:30 a.m. As it is still afternoon in China you are able to have a video conference with your Chinese team to address current matters. When your team members arrive in Nijkerk, you approach each of them personally to find out what is needed for optimal performance today.
You have regular talks with customers, partners and suppliers. When colleagues come to you with questions, you consider the commercial, logistical and financial interests. You stimulate the self-supporting nature of your team and you offer the solution only if that is necessary in view of the importance of the issue. You check in regularly with your team and you actively assess if everything is working properly. You jump in when necessary.
You are constantly alert to possible process improvements and you periodically monitor whether the actions from your annual plan are being carried out accordingly. You have regular talks with the general director/owner, during which you inform him about your progress and ask any questions you may have. You coordinate matters with the managers of other divisions and you do not go home satisfied before all urgent matters have been resolved and you have control over the matters.
Are you the perfect candidate for this position? Mail your motivation letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp to the attention of Mr. R. Bos.
The selection procedure will be supervised by an external party. An assessment may be part of the procedure.
If you would like to receive to receive additional input, please send your contact details to email@example.comHelp and we will contact you.