We are recruiting a Business Controller for our client DSM Resins in Waalwijk.
For the DSM Resins Finance & Control team, we are recruiting a Business Controller - Specialty Resins. The Business Specialty Resins operates on a global scale with locations in Europe, USA and China. The location for this role is Waalwijk.
The challenge for this role will be balancing between the day-to-day operational activities and the substantive advisory role. In this role you act will as business partner in the BU Specialty Resins and support the Finance director of the BU Performance Resins in key projects. The focus area will be on improving DSM's success in innovation and support the R&D organization as part of the R&D management team.
Next to that the business controller will play a key financial role in strategic projects such as strategic large investment projects (called BOS), increase purchasing performance and improvement of key reports.
Innovation is considered as the key to success in SR. Improve insight in innovation performance and measurement of success and effectiveness of the innovation projects, effective portfolio management. Develop the right analytics to measure innovation progress. Support and advice business and R&D in decision making. Business controller will become member of the innovation board.
* R&D control
Support the R&D director to manage the financials (costs, investments new opportunities) and support development of the strategy, provide financial advice and deliver budget and forecast information. Business controller will be part of the R&D management team.
* Drive performance on continuous basis (pricing, cost management & operational excellence, OWC management).
* Execute and improve Management Reporting to all stakeholders.
* Help translate ad-hoc stakeholder requirements of the BU Finance Organization into clear deadlines, action and standard reports.
Key strategic projects
* As part of Vision 2022, SR has started several projects to improve performance. The business controller will support these projects or act as the project controller.
* Project controller for large investment projects (BOS): support the project team with the business case, strategy and challenge decision making.
* Purchasing performance: provide insight in purchasing savings on raw materials worldwide (>€200m) and create a process to keep track of EBITDA savings and performance.
* Optimize LTP and budget process of SR.
* Support in special projects
We are looking for a Business Controller with potential and;
* A Master degree in business economics.
* At least 3 years of experience in control positions in large international organizations.
* You have a broad knowledge of the accounting, reporting and control aspects that are required to fill a position as business Controller.
* You have excellent communication, planning and organizational skills,
* You are a pragmatic entrepreneur, willing to build and maintain relations on different levels both internally and externally.
* You are fluent in English.
* Qualities like ambition, initiative, discipline, drive for results and customer focus and obviously teamwork are essential for a controller.
An attractive primary and secondary benefit package and room for personal and professional development.