About the Role:
You will become part of a QA team, which is responsible for the implementation, development and maintenance of policies and procedures for preparing financial statements and the review of financial statements including the review of supporting documentation that is produced by teams of lawyers and accountants that manages a portfolio of client companies of Citco Nederland B.V.
You will strive to provide high quality reviews and develop, coach and increase accounting knowledge of the members of the various teams. You will ensure full compliance with Dutch Laws and regulations.
You are highly responsive face-to-face, by phone and/or e-mail and you have a proactive attitude towards internal and external needs.
Job Duties in Brief:
· Design and implement quality assurance procedures to ensure compliance with Dutch Laws and regulations for all accounting performed by the teams.
· Develop and maintain step plan for trust officers accounting to prepare financial statements in accordance with Dutch GAAP and/or IFRS.
· Responsible for the review of financial statements prepared by the teams for client companies, ensuring full compliance with Dutch GAAP and/or IFRS reporting.
· Advise on accounting treatment in accordance with Dutch Laws and regulations for technically difficult transactions, be able to fully support and explain the answers provided to the teams with references to Dutch Laws and regulations.
· Develop and facilitate trainings regularly based on observations from reviews and other accounting related items to all accounting personnel, and where necessary other staff (best practices).
· Assist clients and teams in chosen accounting policies (advantages/disadvantages) and possible discussions with auditors, if necessary.
· Maintenance of high quality operating standards, procedures and quality controls.
· Communicate with and advise clients, (tax) advisors, lawyers, notaries, other professionals, government institutions and other Citco offices worldwide, if applicable.
· Assist in bookkeeping and preparing financial statements for client companies for specific projects.
· Involvement in other aspects of client work such as legal and tax.
· Report to local Quality Assurance Manager.
· A master’s degree in finance/accounting/business economics.
· Excellent knowledge of auditing various business operations through a minimum of six-years of relevant experience working in a Big4 accounting firm.
· Experience in a technical department and exposure to tax driven structures is a definite advantage.
· Excellent knowledge of accounting – being able to translate every possible transaction into an accounting entry.
· Professional qualification such as RA, AA, CPA, ACCA or CIA.
· Strong financial/accounting and analytical skills and the ability to deliver high quality service.
· Strong communication skills.
· Knowledge of consolidation and IFRS and Dutch GAAP.
· Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team as well as able to recognize when assistance is needed.
· Ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and work under pressure to daily/weekly/monthly deadlines.
· Attention to detail and highly accurate.
· Fluency in English and Dutch will be essential.
What We Offer:
· A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
· Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
· Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
· Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.