The Asset Manager will drive the investment performance of a property portfolio consisting of office, retail, logistic and residential assets in the Netherlands, thus assisting the fund management teams achieve their strategic plans for the portfolio.
Our client is a global leader in real estate investment management with billions of private and public real estate assets under management and several offices worldwide. In their offices in Europe work Real Estate Investment professionals covering investment, Fund Management, Asset Management, Research & Strategy, Support and a Client Capital Group.
The company's diverse investor base includes public and private pension funds, insurance companies, governments, endowments and high net worth investors from across the globe. They offer specialised real estate services to create value for clients by addressing their local, regional and global needs as well as their broader business, strategic, operating and financial goals.
The Asset Manager will work alongside one other Asset Manager in the Netherlands, and as a team, will be responsible for managing value-add and value protection for their portfolio and for delivering optimal asset performance. They will also have a full understanding of their client mandates. Working with the Portfolio Manager and other internal resources, the Asset Manager will have the following core accountabilities:
- Strategic Planning;
- Acquisitions and Disposals;
- Capital and Revenue Improvement Planning;
- Valuations and Performance Measurement;
- Management of Property Manager;
- Management of Letting and Strategic Agents;
- Finance and Accounting;
- Client Reporting and Communications;
- Environmental and Sustainability.
- A minimum 3-5 years' experience in Asset Management together with sound and thorough understanding of commercial and/or residential asset management practice;
- Proven track record of delivering investment performance through asset management of relevant asset classes (office, retail, logistic and residential), especially with commercial leasing;
- Ideally experience in the acquisition and disposal of investment property including responsibility for the due diligence process;
- Demonstrable skill in identifying opportunities to add value;
- Strong numeracy, financial and computer skills;
- Adaptable team player with the ability to operate autonomously when needed in a high-pressure environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present to clients in both a verbal and written format;
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal teams including Fund Teams, analysts, finance, strategy and client services;
- Willingness and motivation to work in an international team (across borders);
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluent Dutch and English;
- Qualified surveyor or associate member of RICS would be an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
Opportunity to work with a global market leader in the real estate investment management