Over de vacature
The U.S. Embassy in The Hagueis seeking eligible and qualified candidates for the position of
Open to:All Interested Candidates / All Sources
Closing date: April 6, 2017
Working hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary: see website (link below)
Performs a wide range of professional nursing and administrative services, including rendering of first aid, immunizations, as well as evaluating and assessing a variety of medical conditions and referring patients to local consultants and medical facilities.
Liaises with local health care providers, and the Regional Medical Officer (RMO) to discuss patient evaluations and treatment. Conducts health orientations for new arrivals.
Must be able to respond to American personnel’s needs on an emergency basis (outside of regular duty hours). The position is supervised by the Management Officer at post.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Education: Graduate of a professional nursing school with a current and unrestricted Registered Nurse license from the U.S., Puerto Rico, or Western European equivalent. Current certification in Basic Life Support (CPR) is required.
2. Experience: 1 (one) year of post-qualification work experience as a professional Nurse in the Netherlands.
3. Language Requirements: Speaking/reading/writing: English and Dutch Level IV(fluent) are required.
4. Job Knowledge:Solid background in nursing. Knowledge of MS Office and database management.
5. Skills and Abilities: Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills to ensure positive relationships with individuals at all levels. Tact and diplomacy in dealing with callers and visitors to the office. Ability to establish priorities and work without close supervision. Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines. Ability to use standard office equipment. Maintaining strict medical confidentiality is required.
Any of the above qualifications may be tested through an assessment as part of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Read the vacancy announcement published on the Embassy website (link below); please note the formal vacancy announcement on the Embassy website prevails over this announcement when there are differences in the text.
Applicants must submit the following documents in English to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Universal application for employment, DS174 form, which is available on the Embassy website and
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements of the position listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, permits).
We will only contact applicants who are being considered for an interview. Thank you for your understanding.
For further information
U.S. Embassy The Hague
Human Resources Office